·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for motorized screens

matte white first level 140$

glass beaded level 1 152$

gray matte 1st level 140$

btw these prices are export prices 200 MOQ from china. I live in china, so i'm getting the sample price.

glass beaded grain is gain 2.8

grey matte is .9

matte white is 1.1

for fixed screen

perforated accoustic PVC 215$

perforated accoustic matte white 215$

my projector is the acer H7531D . i will use a 120" screen 104 x 58 with head position at 150" back. there is a lot of natural light during the daytime. at night, obviously there is none. i'm in my living room with large windows and multiple daytime light sources. i really only plan on watching serious HD movies at night, but i'll have the projector on for light watching during the day as well.

a few questions. can someone tell me what i should go for in terms of gain? and where can i read information. and second, if i get the motor screen but put my speakers behind the screen, is that really going to make a large difference in sound quality?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
If you put a solid screen in front of a speaker that will completely ruin the sound. All of the higher frequencies will be blocked.

A glass beaded screen will provide its gain for viewers close to the projector. If the pj is ceiling mounted you wont get the gain from the couch.

Also, dont expect you can watch during the day at all unless you can tame the light with curtains. Sunlight in a room will completely wash out the image to the point you will have a hard time making out whats on it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A glass beaded screen will provide its gain for viewers close to the projector. If the pj is ceiling mounted you wont get the gain from the couch.

i don't understand. thanks for the explanation.

yes i have curtains. i already have the projector set up ceiling mounted on the wall, just no screen. its 'ok' during the day.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Glass beaded screens focuses light back to the light source just like traffic signs focuses light back to the cars that shine their headlights onto them. If you have your projector in the ceiling the screen will focus the light back to the ceiling and you will get the brightest picture if you stand up on a chair next to the projector. Glass beaded screens are more effective when you shelf mount just slightly above your seating position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts