AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I all! I have my temp HT up in my apt. Screen needs to be about 100-110 16x9. Which type of goo screen should I use with my soon to arrive H79?

thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Jim, You can go to my site (goothings com) and use the "which goo " calculator to determine the best combination of base and topcoats for your projector and room conditions.

·
Registered
12,998 Posts
Jim,

I have a thread on DIY where Ken discusses the newest Goo coatings. There is a new grey and a new silver coating.

I thought you were getting a CRT.

Ericglo

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

I am still getting a CRT (actually have one and getting another for a double stack) while in Okinawa I am using an H79, which once we get back to the states will be tranfered to duty in my daughters room (lucky girl!!). Anyways I want to do a screen out here for the next few months and then in her room in San Diego when we get back. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Parys
Anyways I want to do a screen out here for the next few months and then in her room in San Diego when we get back.
If you are going to ship the screen then it seems like it might be easier to get a pull-down screen like the GrayWolf.

--Darin

·
Registered
742 Posts
I looked into the Goo routine and discovered it would cost about US$200 for my needs and a Carada would be about $600 and would be movable to another room should I decide to move my 480p to the master bedroom when 720p becomes affordable.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdurbin
I looked into the Goo routine and discovered it would cost about US$200 for my needs and a Carada would be about $600 and would be movable to another room should I decide to move my 480p to the master bedroom when 720p becomes affordable.
Also keep in mind the time you'd put into painting, and the very real possibility of making a subtle or not-so-subtle error and ending up with an unusable screen. Or the possibility that Ken might rip you off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.