AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, would appreciate some help and info here. I am debating between the two above mentioned models. I am tryging to determine which would be better for my situation

1. My viewing distance after wall mounting would be about 12 feet.

2. Room is pretty bright.

3. Largest TV I have owned is a Sony Grand Wega 55 inch LCD rear projection. Would the 63 inch overwhelm me?

4. 63 inch is obviously more expensive and may have a inferior anti-glare filter than the PB650.

5. What would be a good retailer to buy these models from in case I hear the buzzing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_87 /forum/post/18179617

They have the same AR filter so you might as well go with the bigger 590.

I had read that the 590 has the advanced filter and the 650 58 inch has the Ultra.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh /forum/post/18179663

I had read that the 590 has the advanced filter and the 650 58 inch has the Ultra.

Both the 590 and the 650 have the "Ultra" FilterBright. This is one of the advantages of the 590 over the 550. The only model with an even better filter is the Series 8's which have the Ultra FilterBright PLUS.

The panel si the same for both and the PQ capacity is virtually identical. So if PQ is your only concern and you want the biggest set possible get the 590. No one can legitimately claim that, properly calibrated, the 650 has a noticably better picture and so far the calibration reports confirm that it does not.

The 590 also has better internal speakers than the 650. The upsides of the 650 are in the Internet/Home Networking features, if you need them, and a couple more user controls.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the 63b590 wall mountable?

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I have the 58. I view it from 10'. If I could have fit a 63 in my space I would have and I'm sure that even at 10' it would not overwhelm me. Go for the bigger if that's your concern. My room is reasonably bright early in the day and I can see windows on my screen but it certainly isn't a deal breaker.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnan24 /forum/post/18192917

I have the 58. I view it from 10'. If I could have fit a 63 in my space I would have and I'm sure that even at 10' it would not overwhelm me. Go for the bigger if that's your concern. My room is reasonably bright early in the day and I can see windows on my screen but it certainly isn't a deal breaker.

Thanks. I am leaning the same way. I just heard from some one else on the forum that the TV can be mounted.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas /forum/post/18180415

Both the 590 and the 650 have the "Ultra" FilterBright. This is one of the advantages of the 590 over the 550. The only model with an even better filter is the Series 8's which have the Ultra FilterBright PLUS.

The panel si the same for both and the PQ capacity is virtually identical. So if PQ is your only concern and you want the biggest set possible get the 590. No one can legitimately claim that, properly calibrated, the 650 has a noticably better picture and so far the calibration reports confirm that it does not.

The 590 also has better internal speakers than the 650. The upsides of the 650 are in the Internet/Home Networking features, if you need them, and a couple more user controls.

Amazon is offering the 58b650 for $650 less than the 63b590. What do you guys think? Is it worth paying that much of a difference to go for the 63inch?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts