AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have just put my HDTV setup together as in a Panasonic TH-42PX60U and a Samsung HT_TQ85 HTIB system. I am currently hooked to Bresnan cable extended basic service. As far as HD channels, I can get about 4 or 5 that the QAM tuner decodes for free without upgrading to their digital package with the HD option. However, Bresnan is expensive with not many HD channels. My question and request for advice is what would you recommend for HD programming? I am looking to one of the satellite services, DirecTV or Dish Network. DirecTV just announced at CES 2007 that they would have 100 HD channels by the end of the year. I don't know about Dish Network's current plans. So, what do you recommend? My viewing tastes lean toward movies with some smaller amount of sports thrown in when my favored teams are playing. Also, whose satellite receiving gear do you like between the two?

Thanks in advance for all your comments and advice!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just swtiched to Dish Network and am committed for 18months. Here is what they dont tell you that Bresnan DOES offer

1. All local channels in 1080i HD

2. Altitude Sports HD for Nuggets and Avalanche

3. Hundreds of on-demand movies

4. HBO, Showtime On Demand

5. Discovery on Demand

Bresnan has a much better 1080i picture because Dish seems to skimp on the the resolutions or something. I see no advantage to the decision I made and the VOOM network that Dish offers has lots of worthless filler content such as the "Kungfu" channel and art gallery channel, ect.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.