AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a stb for my new Runco PL-42cx, and I thin I want one that outputs HDTV Channels via component or RGB so that I will use the pass thru on my Runco VHD line doubler, and outputs all the other channels via S-video so I can use the VHD for 3:2 pulldown and line doubling /pixel matching to my display.

Will all of them do this? Is the Sony that bad? I like the fact it has a channel and time display on the front.

Please help http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

New to DTV and satellite stuff.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't have problems with the Sony, (but many others have!). I got the Sony for the reasons you mention above. The front panel display is extremely convenient. My menu's are faster than my old RCA and the briefly-used newer Panasonic STB.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AnthonyS:
I thin I want one that outputs HDTV Channels via component or RGB so that I will use the pass thru on my Runco VHD line doubler, and outputs all the other channels via S-video so I can use the VHD for 3:2 pulldown and line doubling /pixel matching to my display.
The E* model 6000 outputs RGB, component, and s-Video (though not at the same time). You have to tell it if you want HD (RGB or component) output or SD (S-video or composite) output. There is a button on the remote to select HD or SD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.