Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

A co-worker approached me at work and wanted a suggestion for a home theater setup stating that he wanted something that he could play very loud and that his budget was around $500.00 and get this... he really doesn't want to recreate a real movie theater... then what's the point man!!! (be calm Glenn, be calm) I told him that for around $1400.00 he could get a Denon 1802 receiver with an Atlantic Technology 170 system and that it would be the real deal, playing to very high levels with real fidelity. If I cant get him to stretch his budget this far what else could I recommend in the $500.00, $750.00 or even the $1000.00 range that really sounds good? Some sort of Home Theater in A Box? What is regarded as the best bang for the buck in these ranges? Is there really anything for $500.00 that sounds good? Remember, he needs Dolby Digital/DTS processing and a 5.1 speaker setup. Any suggestions that I could feel confident about with regards to sound quality would be appreciated... man I wish he could stretch his budget, then I could guarantee him some great sound with the real deal... Oh well!

Thanks,

Glenn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.