AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey Everyone, 

I'm new to the Home Theatre experience and I am looking at getting my first system up and running. I thought it would be best to start with something relatively inexpensive and user friendly.  A good friend of mine has a Yamaha Home theatre and has had great success with it. I'm looking for any recommendation on an affordable HTIB. somewhere around $500 to $800 range.  I'd prefer a yamaha system but I am open to other options as well. I was looking online and saw two that caught my eye the YHT 799 UBL and the YHT 899 UBL..  if someone could tell me which ones better or what the difference is between the two I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks 

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
The Onkyo HT-S9400THX is the best HTIB on the market. The MSRP is $1,000, BUT you can get them new for $750 OR refurbished for $500-$650. I have heard and set this system up for a few ppl and I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello,

I have no personal experience of the products you Spudboy82 mention, but can suggest you another product, which a friend of mine bought by Sumiko (distributor for the USA), the home theater system by Sonus Faber. I give you a couple of links, if you wanna learn more about that:

http://hometheaterreview.com/sonus-faber

http://www.finesoundsgroup.com/en-US/Home

Hope they'll help you! 

·
Registered
17,929 Posts
I have a Yamaha system and have been very happy with it. Sounds great, doesn't overheat, and has everything I need. Flickhtguru's suggestion is a good one as well, especially if you can get the Onkyo at a good price.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickhtguru  /t/1522339/which-home-theatre-in-a-box#post_24476363

The Onkyo HT-S9400THX is the best HTIB on the market. The MSRP is $1,000, BUT you can get them new for $750 OR refurbished for $500-$650. I have heard and set this system up for a few ppl and I highly recommend it.

I have been searching a bit recently and I can't find anything near the price ranges you mention.

Is this still the case and would you mind sending me a private message with where you are seeing those prices?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I have had and recommended Refubished Onkyo products for myself, friends and family members for like 6 years now. I have never had any trouble with any of my purchases and I've only purchased other Onkyo products to upgrade not to fix an issue. I buy all refurb receivers or HTIB's cuz the price is geat. I know for $650 you couldn't get a better system considering its THX certified 7.1 receiver and 7 speakers and 1 sub.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
If you can still find them I would try the Pioneer HTP-071 HTIB. I have one and it's damn good for the price. It handles all the video and audio codec's except for 4K. Excellent sound and enough HDMI inputs for all your needs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts