AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am upgrading my HT system. The main purpose is to watch TV with 65" Panny S1 plasma, also listen to music sometimes.

My 4 year old HK receiver didn't have HMDI inputs, so I am looking for new mid range receiver, after weeks of research following are my choices:

Denon avr1910

Onkyo TX-SR707

Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K

Yamaha RX-V765BL

My buget is around $500, which one has the best sound quality with upconverted video quality ? please help me on the choice, also please share good deal if you score one, thanks.

·
Registered
29,186 Posts
The Yamaha 395 will be $399 this weekend from Newegg. Its been that way the last 3-4 weekends.

The 1910 can be had from electronics expo using code AUDIOSALE just under $400.

The Pioneer VSX-9040 or Elite 21 can be had within $20-30 of your price limit and are better units than the 1019.

You HK probably has the best sound quality of all of them!

What speakers do you have by the way?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your info which is very useful, I will use my old Pioneer Elite bookshelf speakers ( have you heard of this speaker ?? ) for HT in great room, will get another set of compact speakers for my 55" LG 55LH90 in family room.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/18257580

Nope, never heard of those speakers.

Pioneer Elite speakers are big boy which have been discouninuted long time ago, I got it from Ubid.com when they just started for $1800/pair + $800 for center speaker ( original value: $2000-3000/pc ), shipping caused me a lot of money too

Which compact speaker set will you recomand for my family room HT set up ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Denon avr1910 vs Onkyo TX-SR707

which one has better sound quality and vedio quality ? Cnet has no review for Onkyo TX-SR707 yet, but looks like it is a great receiver too.

Cnet reviews:

The Denon AVR-1910 is a fully featured midrange AV receiver with standout upconverted video quality, although it's held back by some subpar design issues and average sound quality.

Onkyo TX-SR707 has Audyssey DSX but not Denon avr1910, and it is THX certified..... any one own Onkyo TX-SR707 ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts