AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the best interlaced dvd player for using with a Faroudja NR Series and a JVC D-ILA projector (I know a HTPC would be cheaper and whith better image, but I need something simple for others to deal with). Is the SONY 7700 the best option? Whith all this "explotion" of progressive dvd players, what good interlace player were left in the market?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am also in the same situation. I already got a NRS, so I would prefer a top quality interlaced DVD player.

Heard someone mentioned Panasonic RV80, how does it compare to Pionner DV-09 (I used to own) or Sony 7700 ?

Does anyone know ?

Thanks,

Cam

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm using a CAL Audio CL-2500 DVD player with the NRS and 9000. Picture quality is exceptional with the CAL as the source. The CAL is also a great sounding transport for CD playback as well. Sometimes on Audiogon you can spot one for about $1750.

Be glad to answer any questions about the CAL.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
If you can find a Denon DVD-5000 -- possibly on used market--this was an incredible interlaced player. It might even be considered a "classic" one day, not unlike the Marantz 9 is among audiophiles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.