Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

im debating on getting the ae300... HOWEVER; everyone keeps saying that watching satelite tv non high def or digital cable is just unwatchable on front projectors. Is this really true or is it very picky people who find everything wrong with a given situation...

Im contemplating going with an ae100 and buying an analog 50" with the savings for my tv viewing.. Will the analog 50" be that much better than the ae300 displaying satelite feed? Will it be better at all?

My preference is to go the route of the ae300 but i still want to be able to watch monday night football and other programs as well.. My wife will go nuts if I have a projector I cant watch tv on...

We will be sitting 20' back so screen door is a non issue.

please let me know your opinions.....

would a line doubler help sat feed with an ae300/ or ae100?>>?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I use my NEC LT-150 for TV watching fairly often, and although digital cable quality is much less impressive than a DVD on my HTPC, I would say it's far from "unwatchable". Yes, you'll see compression artifacts, but I just don't pay attention to them anymore. I think youi'll probably still see the same issues with a 50" set...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I use my Panny 701xu and a QuadScan as my (only) family TV and I must say that sat looks very good on it although not as good as DvD or HD but what do you expect from such a low res!

I say that if you want the AE300 than get the AE300.

What is the price of an AE300 $2000 bucks or so? thats really cheap and for a few bucks more you can pick up a scaler(that out-puts the native res of the projector) and IMO have a superb image well as good as your going to get from sat on a huge screen.

ddog!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.