AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
There is no solid answer, it comes down to personal preference.

Any given digital vs any given crt will give you different results.

e.g. a SXRD digital projector vs a sony 1031crt will give you a different result to a Cine9 vs a Benq6200 digital if you know what I mean.

Digital has the edge in sharpness, ANSI CR and connectivity, as well as the ability to use an anamorphic lens, CRT has the advantage in on off CR and ability to do different scanrates (for matching your sources, 50Hz, 50Hz, 75Hz, 24fps and so on) etc. etc. etc.

It now boils down to personal choice really - some people prefer the 'look' of CRT, some prefer the look of the new digitals.

Personally, for some HDTV feeds, I prefer the look of the new breed of digitals, especially on sports feeds in 1080i, I still prefer the look of my CRT for *most* movies, however some I like better on the digital.

But really, it's all been covered before and is pretty much irrelevant now. You buy what you like the look of and can afford, either an upmarket digital or a high end LC CRT (especially when you add a scaler,transcoder or DVI input) is going to cost a fair wad of cash if you want it with a warranty, but either will throw a very nice picture in HD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.