AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very small problem that I'm hoping to do away with as cheaply as possible. My theater room has been completed and this weekend I bought a new center and 2 new fronts. I will be removing my fabric panels and want block more sound from exiting the room.

I converted my garage and built a stage where the screen is along with 2 panels for my front speakers to hide in. When I have the volume to the absolute highest I would ever put it, which isnt often, you literally have to be within 5 feet of the house to hear anything. What you do hear is equivalent to hearing a tv through the front door. From the sidewalk in front of my house, every once in a while you will hear a thump or two from the sub, but only if you are listening for it on a quiet day and its hard to locate where its coming from. Not very bad at all, but I'm paranoid about home security and dont really like promoting what I have.

Since its not a huge issue, I'm looking for something cheap, fast, and easy. I was thinking of either adding 3/4" MDF or 3/4" foam board to close off the inside of the stage and tower area. Which of these 2 would be better? I know it wont completely kill the sound, but a little bit more protection would be nice.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Stick to simple, inexpensive double drywall. Cheap mass.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.