AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Was considering getting a new audio system for my car. I just wanted to hear what other people though about it. I am either considering gettting a Treo or Digital Designs setup. THe Treo setup consists of 2 Treo 10" dual 4ohm sub a USAmps MD1D 1500 mono amp 4ga amp wiring kit a turbo bass pro box for 2 10s and costs 1,293.43 tax and labor. The Digital Designs consists of a DD 2500a series 10" sub DD M1A 1200 mono amp 4ga amp kit and a custom box for the 10" and it cost 1,175.09. I have heard that DD is better than Treo but i want to hear other peoples thoughs on that thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you don't know how these subs perform, then how come you are recommending them in another thread?

To answer your question, it will depend on the enclosure used and what you are looking for out of your subwoofer system. From what I understand though, Treo is more of an SQ oriented company while DD is an SPL company. My personal tastes would more lie with Treo as the one's I've heard sounded pretty good. How is DD better?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard them preform only inside of the building they were selling them in and from what i heard they sound the same but i need something that will create an xtreme ammount of spl for my toyota camry 4dr dx

·
Registered
253 Posts
Again the enclosure will be a key factor in this. Having 2 of the Treo subs will be a huge advantage, so I would probably say they have the greatest output potential. But then a well designed custom enclosure will more than likely be better than a pre-fab enclosure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my plans were to have performance audio build the custom box with braces and a port that will take up most of the room in my trunk where as the turbo bass the treo subs were going to be placed in would only have taken up about 3 feet of space

·
Registered
398 Posts
To find out which is best, get the Thiele-Small Parameters (Q specifications) for each sub (probably in the manual) and your enclosure volume and plug them into WinISD.

You'll see right away how each sub theoretically will perform and immediately futz around with different enclosure types and volumes to get the sound you want.

They both like decent subs so at this point it's all a matter of taste and in your case is SPL, butt SPL at what band of bass frequencies? WinISD or any other subwoofer enclosure program can help you get the answers you want as to what is best and since you haven't built the enclosure yet, tweak the enclosure and choose a type of your liking.

Enjoy!

·
Banned
7 Posts
A new receiver or amplifier provides better power for your speakers, giving you an immediate boost in sound quality by helping the speakers deliver more accurate sound.The most common and familiar piece of audio equipment is the radio/tape player/CD player/DVD Player which is generically described as a Head unit, which also can be called a head deck

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you are serious about SQ forget Class D amps ...they are a JOKE. If you are only interested in "Boom and Doom" ....then enjoy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Between those 2 setups go with the DD.

As for CatmanIsGod wow is all i gotta say. No you cant or if barely tell this difference by ear when using a D class amp over a HC (High Current) amp. The only time i think you will hear a good difference between Class D and another amp is if the other amp is a tube amp. Which USAmps makes a nice tube amp. As for the SQ in a system you should be more worried about the install then a Class D vs HC amps. You tune the box right (by building your own box not a prefab box) you will never tell what kind of amp you are running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts