AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have narrowed it down to 2 different different sets.

Panasonic TCP54G25

Sony KDL-55HX800

It seems that these two are the best that I can afford for the deals that I have locally. In the store the Sony looked the best. Crisp, Clear, but the blacks were not inky like I have experienced with plasma in the past. The Pany was grainy and there was no way for me to get them side by side. The sales people all said they felt the VT series was the ultimate way to go but it was nearly twice the price of the G25.

My usage is simple TV only. I will only have the 722 VIP DISH DVR attached to it, so I am looking for the best picture for Sports, Sitcoms and the occasional HBO/ST movie. It is in a moderately lit living room that currently has an old 42" Pany that just is getting old. It receives no direct sun light for high glare but in the early afternoon my pany is best viewed from one side of the room do to glare. I have another 52" Sony Z5100 at our second home and have been disappointed with it mostly because of the glare (mind you I felt I had no choice do to the massive amount of light this set sees all day which dictated a low glare and bright screen), but the lack of true black when watching movies and sports blur is significant. Suffice to say that I am a little trigger shy of another LCD.

If anyone has any thoughts or direct comparisons between these I would truly appreciate the help.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
The G25 looks very grainy in standard mode, but using THX mode cleans up the image. At home when you first set it up, it's in standard mode by default.

I'd see if the store would demo it in THX mode for you. You might then also want to change the color temp from warm2 to warm1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.