AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get a new TV for the apartment and I can't decide which to get. Will mostly watch SD TV, 360, movies, and the Wii.

32LG30

Sony KDL32L4000

or Sharp LC32D43U

any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Sony may be the best out of those followed closely by the LG and a VERY distant 3rd is the Sharp. Note that the sharp does not have ANY kind of VGA/PC connection/port on the rear. It only has HDMI

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
I noticed you didn't even list HD in your viewing - you'll kick yourself in the arse if you ever see the difference at 500-600% better PQ. Sort of a waste to buy one of these and not include HD at least OTA via antenna and an HD Cable Box for a nominal monthly fee. Also, with SD content unless you stretch often you'll be viewing a 26" TV so you may want to be open to a 37-40", often they can be had for very little more.

IMO Sony does SD better than most panels and has better built in sound but it appears you are targeting the bottom tiers in these panels.

I'd also consider the Samsung 450 or 550. Go read the owner reviews at Amazon - quite high! (LN32A450=5 stars...LN32A550=4.5 stars)

The Sharp you listed has been on the market for 18 months - long outdated spec's compared with todays Sony/Samsungs and that LG.

I'm not a fan of shopping the bottom tier panels or off-branders that rebadge like Vizio - nothing in a Vizio is truly their's they assemble others components. Saving a bit more for quality in the long run pays off if you plan on staring at the TV for 5+years --- but reward yourself with some HD Content as you'll be amazed at the difference as you'll experience the event not just view it. Good Luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts