AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up a new HT. I like the Klipsch brand. I can get either 4 of these sets at about the same cost:

Klipsch Cinema 8

Klipsch F-1 HT system

Klipsch B-3 HT system

Klipsch RB-10 HT system

I have an open theatre/game room design. Primary viewing area is about 20' x 20'. Can anyone offer opinions on which of these setups might suit me best. Thanks. I of course will try listening to each of these, but wanted to get some user opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Which one is the cheapest?

A year from now, if you continue to read these forums, you'll be upgrading the mains, the subwoofer, the amp or all 3

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tromps /forum/post/15575914

Hi, i would like to know if the Cinema 8 is good too!! (and how cheap). Since i´m setting a HT too.

I've found all of these systems in the $1,000 range (including sub). But now I'm not so sure about Klipsch. I'm starting to lean towards the SVS SBS-01 system....sounds like it might be more bang for my buck in this cost category.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpa5oh /forum/post/15578281

Since you were into horn tweeters before, have you given any thought to Hsu Research's bookshelves/center?

I actually started looking at HSU today. They looks like good speakers, and I could get their entry level Enthusiast package for my price range....but it looks like their sub is weak compared to the SVS's sub. I could mix and match, but then I'm be busting my budget by about $500.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I like the RB-10 or the F-1 systems. The others aren't quite as good in my opinion. The RB-10 is getting you their reference series with the nicer drivers, so overall the sound may be a little cleaner. You have a room that's just a little smaller than mine, and I like big sound, so that's why I like the F-1 system also. Bigger drivers, better sensitivity, and more power handling.

So which do you like more? Good sound with the ability to get louder with less amp power, or better sound with not quite as much sound? Quality or quantity?

Something not on your list that has about the same MSRP is the RF-10 system. That gets you the best of both worlds and even better. Much higher sensitivity, great sound and no need to buy stands for bookshelf speakers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts