Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Couldn't find the answer by searching, if someone can help me I'd appreciate it.

I want to get a bunch of Kubrick's films. The 9 disc set is $180 at Best Buy. The 7 disc sets (same minus Eyes Wide Shut and a documentary disc that I don't really care about) are going on Ebay for ~$100, but are these the latest, great versions with 5.1 and "remastered" pictures?

I'd love to know yes/no rather than emailing all of the sellers to ask if the box says "digitally remastered" on it.

If the sets are not the best editions I'll just buy individual discs, but this is a greater hassle as I want all of the ones in the 7 disc set (and Eyes Wide Shut... yum)

thank you,

Kurt

Trenton, NJ

·
Registered
588 Posts
It is my understanding that the 7 disc set does NOT contain the remastered DVD's. I have read that the only box set with the remastered DVD's is the 9 disc set.

I decided to replace mine one at a time, and have just finished that task. I now have an almost complete collection of Kubrick films. I don't have Eyes Wide Shut, and I am still waiting for Paths Of Glory to arrive. I also need to get The Killing and Killer's Kiss. One at a time :D -Pat

·
Registered
151 Posts
the old box had a decent 2001 with 5.1(but the new box is better...3rd copy of 2001 I bought, what a scam!) but just about everything else was 1 or 2 channels.

Barry Lyndon had big old hair balls on it ..unbelievable!

I would wait on his earfly films...I bought Killers Kiss and it's really bare bones. The killing was full screen mono with nothing extra.

I found the new box at frys for $79..they no longer have any at that price I believe.

·
Registered
151 Posts
BTW I have an extra EWS, I'll sell it for $12 + shipping if you are interested.

It's the same as in the box

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks anyway for the EWS offer - I used "buy it now" on Ebay to get a 9 disc set for $115+$8 s&h

Full MJ, Clockwork, Shining, EWS, 2001, Dr. SL, damn can't wait....

thanks again

Kurt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.