AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to start a new HT setup and looking for thoughts on which direction to go for LRC. Will be used for 100% HT.
Room is about 18' x 12' with 12' vaulted ceilings lots of openings to DR, Kitchen, Hallway & Den.

Seating is about 8' directly in front of TV.

Been lurking for a while and have read tons of posts.
I'll add surrounds but they are the least important to the mix.
I will be getting a good sub. Am hoping to find a ported 10"-12" Monolith/HSU/SVS for about $500'ish.

I have room for towers, so was thinking of going there as opposed to bookshelfs.

Right now, the JBL Studio 580s are $299 ea. JBL seems to have a lot of likes here. Was thinking of adding a Chane A2.4 as the center as clear dialog is the main reason for this. The 520C is not on sale and seems to have mixed results for a quality center. Could always phantom until it goes on sale again. *SHRUG*
The Chane A5.5 is a little out of my budget, but reading all the raves, not sure if I should also seriously consider 3x A2.4.
Emotiva's T-Zero have a great price point and could possibly do the T1+, but I only have about 8" height for a center, so the C1+ or C2+ aren't doable. Would prob do the A2.4 going this route.
There frequently seems to be Klipsch sales, so trying for the Reference Premier would be OK as well.

Looking for recommendations on where to go.
Thanks in advance,
HTN

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Looking to start a new HT setup and looking for thoughts on which direction to go for LRC. Will be used for 100% HT.
Room is about 18' x 12' with 12' vaulted ceilings lots of openings to DR, Kitchen, Hallway & Den.

I will be getting a good sub. Am hoping to find a ported 10"-12" Monolith/HSU/SVS for about $500'ish.

I have room for towers, so was thinking of going there as opposed to bookshelfs.

Right now, the JBL Studio 580s are $299 ea. JBL seems to have a lot of likes here. Was thinking of adding a Chane A2.4 as the center as clear dialog is the main reason for this. The 520C is not on sale and seems to have mixed results for a quality center. Could always phantom until it goes on sale again. *SHRUG*
The Chane A5.5 is a little out of my budget, but reading all the raves, not sure if I should also seriously consider 3x A2.4.
Emotiva's T-Zero have a great price point and could possibly do the T1+, but I only have about 8" height for a center, so the C1+ or C2+ aren't doable. Would prob do the A2.4 going this route.
There frequently seems to be Klipsch sales, so trying for the Reference Premier would be OK as well.

Looking for recommendations on where to go.
Thanks in advance,
HTN
The 580s at $299 is a no brainer IMO. It's hard to get decent bookshelf speakers at that price.

Reactions: HTNoob90

·
Registered
17,056 Posts

I'd get the T-Zeros for $400/pr with the Chane A2.4 center for $300 (zero worries about "timbre matching"), then put the savings into either a PAIR of the Hsu VTF-2 or a single VTF-3 ... with a huge open plan space, the sub(s) will be crucial.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chane is currently sold out of the A1.5 and A2.4 until the end of summer. I may have bought the very last of them as they became OoS right after my purchase cleared.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As being owner of Chane a2.4 for more than a year you gonna like the sound If you like the natural And clean sound but if you going for a2.4 as a LCR I would prefer to have a sub with that

·
Registered
17,056 Posts
Chane is currently sold out of the A1.5 and A2.4 until the end of summer. I may have bought the very last of them as they became OoS right after my purchase cleared.
Oh, no!!!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
With Covid, I can sort of understand. But it's a recurring theme with Chane.

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
After an enormous sales season in 2020, the A2.4 is indeed OOS. The A1.5 is nearly depleted. We're in production now and will restock both late summer, together with the new A4.5.

Stock varies widely across the speaker landscape, with models and even entire brand lines coming and going. In our case this year demand is nearly twice projection. At the same time we're launching six new models plus a few subwoofers. This is the tip of the spear for where we go next.

We appreciate such customer support and obviously, customers prefer a difference.

With Covid, I can sort of understand. But it's a recurring theme with Chane.
Your disappointment is noted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for all your input!
Since my use is 100% Movies/TV, I figured I would maximize my money and go with a sale that just started. The Emotiva Factory Renewed Summer Event and got the T-Zero and C1+.
I probably would have gone JBL 580s & Chane A2.4, but since the Chanes sold out, I decided Emotiva was the way to go. And I don't really have the room for the C1+. It will stick out over the bezel of my TV which will only be a problem if I need to swivel.
Should be very happy and getting the 3 pieces for under $600 delivered leaves me some extra room for a good sub. Chose the T-Zeros over the T1+ expecting the sub will fill low gap 🤞

HTN

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like a good call.

Plus I've heard that the horns on the 580s can be so efficient, it can be hard for non-horn centers to keep up even with EQ. I mean "a problem you want to have" or whatever, but there's been people with the 590 who literally could only use a third 590 as their center, because nothing else really cut it. Even JBL's own 520 horn center only really works well with their 530 bookshelves.

At least going all Emotiva, you should be on a more even playing field.

·
Registered
17,056 Posts
Plus I've heard that the horns on the 580s can be so efficient, it can be hard for non-horn centers to keep up even with EQ. I mean "a problem you want to have" or whatever, but there's been people with the 590 who literally could only use a third 590 as their center, because nothing else really cut it.
One of the forum regulars uses the C2 with his 590s and is quite happy with the result. Wish I could remember his name off the top of my head... might be KSpan?

·
Registered
17,056 Posts
Thank you for all your input!
Since my use is 100% Movies/TV, I figured I would maximize my money and go with a sale that just started. The Emotiva Factory Renewed Summer Event and got the T-Zero and C1+.
I probably would have gone JBL 580s & Chane A2.4, but since the Chanes sold out, I decided Emotiva was the way to go. And I don't really have the room for the C1+. It will stick out over the bezel of my TV which will only be a problem if I need to swivel.
Should be very happy and getting the 3 pieces for under $600 delivered leaves me some extra room for a good sub. Chose the T-Zeros over the T1+ expecting the sub will fill low gap 🤞
HTN
Good for you! "Factory renewed" via Emotiva just means "excess A stock we don't want to publicly discount"---just like "B stock" at other companies. Enjoy!

A good sub is key.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts