AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to purchase a meter that would be able to calibrate my plasma (KRP-500M ISF modes unlocked and currently running D-nice settings) and my NEC LCD2490WUXI (needs to be capatible with Spectraview II). The EyeOne Pro is way over budget for me.

The i1D2 seems most recommended for my monitor but users here are suggesting not to use that for the 500M.

Any suggestions for something that'll fit the bill (my budget is hopefully less than $500)?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
ColorMunki

·
Registered
661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSaiyan /forum/post/18300878

Any suggestions for something that'll fit the bill (my budget is hopefully less than $500)?

Does that budget $$$ also include the software? If so, then you may be restricted to the Eye-One Display which you can use with the free HCFR or with the commercial packages Chromapure and Calman. You can check both of their web sites for pricing information.

Calman:

http://www.spectracal.com/purchase.html

Chromapure:

http://www.shop.chromapure.com/

The next step up for your budget would probably be either the Colormunki (purchased separately - Amazon did have it for ~$350 after rebate) and Calman ($200 for the software license Colormunki home edition) or a bundled Chroma 5/Chromapure package for $600. Neither of these meters work with HCFR.

Assuming the NEC is a computer monitor, the Eye-One Display and the Colormunki both come with their own separate software packages that I assume you can use to calibrate that.

hope this helps,

--tom

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Also we are giving free i1 Display2's (the full version, not the LT) with the purchase of home colorimeter edition.

Of course if you want the colormunki, wich is a better meter, then you need the home spectrophotometer edition.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
no difference... other than $$$

·
Registered
41 Posts
Question..if i cant find the RGBgain/bias controls in my LCD tv picture adjustment settings does it mean that i really need to go in to the service menu in order to do a gray scale calibration?

Im gonna buy the i1pro meter whats the software should i get?

thanks..

·
Registered
1,840 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keema /forum/post/18314296

Question..if i cant find the RGBgain/bias controls in my LCD tv picture adjustment settings does it mean that i really need to go in to the service menu in order to do a gray scale calibration?

Im gonna buy the i1pro meter whats the software should i get?

thanks..

More than likely, yes. It helps if you can get the service manual of course.

As for software, there's free: (HCFR).

There's CALMAN.(cheapest version with i1Pro included is the Home Edition).

There's ChromaPure.

I'm sure there are others as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts