AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Best Buy credit card and I'm not sure which TV to buy. Here are the choices in my price range.

Westinghouse - 32" Flat-Panel LCD HDTV SK-32H240S

1366 x 768 resolution; HDMI input; black/dark silver cabinet; 16:9 aspect ratio

Hewlett-Packard - 32" Flat-Panel LCD HDTV LC3272N

1366 x 768 pixel resolution; HDMI inputs; black cabinet; 16:9 aspect ratio

Westinghouse - 37" Flat-Panel LCD HDTV LTV-37w2

1366 x 768 resolution; HDMI-HDCP input; black/silver cabinet; 16:9 aspect ratio

Toshiba - REGZA 32" Flat-Panel LCD HDTV 32HL67

1366 x 768 resolution; 3 HDMI inputs; 16:9 aspect ratio; 3D comb filter

Philips - 32" Flat-Panel LCD HDTV 32PFL5332D/37

1366 x 768 pixel resolution; 2 HDMI inputs; black cabinet; 16:9 aspect ratio

Our Price: $949.99

Sharp - 32" Flat-Panel LCD HDTV LC-32AV22U

1366 x 768 resolution; 2 HDMI inputs; black cabinet; 16:9 aspect ratio

Sony - BRAVIA 32" Flat-Panel LCD HDTV KDL32S2010

1366 x 768 pixel resolution; HDMI inputs; black cabinet; 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio

LG - 32" Flat-Panel LCD HDTV 32LC7D

1366 x 768 pixel resolution; HDMI inputs; black cabinet; 16:9 aspect ratio

Toshiba - TheaterWide 37" Flat-Panel LCD HD Monitor 37HLC56

Monitor only; 1366 x 768 pixel resolution; HDMI input; black cabinet; 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio

Our Price: $1,099.99

Sharp - AQUOS 32" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HDTV LC-32D43U

1366 x 768 resolution; 2 HDMI and 2 HD component inputs; black cabinet; 16:9 aspect ratio

Samsung - 32" Flat-Panel LCD HDTV LN-T3242H

1366 x 768 pixel resolution; HDMI inputs; PC input; black cabinet; 16:9 aspect ratio

I'm leaning toward the 37 inch Toshiba because of the size. I don't need a tuner and the size for the price is pretty tempting. But picture quality is paramount to everything else. So if you guys could tell me which TV looks the best I would appreciate the advice. I'm am housebound due to illness so I can't go to the store and look at the TV's so I was hoping to create a consensus with you guys.

Thanks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I can tell you one thing.. the LC-32D43U is waaaay overpriced at bestbuy..

If i was you.. I one buy at least three different tvs before choosing one.. Not at the same time tho.. I bought a LG and took it back.. Then i bought a sharp and took it back.. Then i bought another cheaper model LG and love it...

I just told the people at best buy i didnt like the tv and they exchange it..

Oh and dont forget to look around to price match the tvs.. I did that too.. Saved a bunch of moneylast week

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm kinda in the same boat as you are Frogman. The BB I was at had the 37" on the wall next to the 32" and the size difference jumps out. The price difference was not much at all.

Since you do not need a tuner the Toshiba 37" might be the way to go. I've seen it, it's a nice picture but you need to check the other features to see if they meet your needs / or not.

There are not as many choices in 37" as the other sizes, so the playing field is limited.

I'm looking at the Sharp 37" LC-37D43U, but if I get enough negative feedback on the question I just posted, I'm going with the Samsung 32" LN-T3253H model.

Good luck

It's Just An Opinion

·
Registered
11 Posts
Be careful about the current Westinghouse model if you're into gaming. Otherwise, picture looks great. See my issues in the SK-32H240S review wanted thread.

I just swapped for an open-box Sony (the one in your list). Much better for gaming, although I haven't really had the chance to put it through its paces, either. I did more testing than before, though, to be sure. Given how much interlaced stuff I have, I needed something with a really good response time, and the Sony seems to fit the bill beautifully. I've also heard good things about the Sharp and Samsung brands, although I would test those out as well.

My battery of tests involved this:
http://gamershdtv.com/measure_lag/

... and using the Wii and Rayman to ensure that the screen blankout on white flashes (specifically the dancing rabbits number's combo multiplier flashes) didn't happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.