AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a 5 DVD changer for my new home theater - I'll be using a Panasonic projector L300u. I've narrowed my finalists to the Denon 4800 or Yamaha C920/C6480. I can afford the Yamaha new - I guess we're not supposed to mention price or vendor - and the Denon as a refurbished model. The Yamaha has the DCDI and Burr Brown (i.e. most guts similar to the Panasonic 82 and Denon 1600). I don't know what the Denon 4800 is similar to - but if the 2800 - then I think it would have the Chroma bug. Since I'll have a 92" diagonal screen, I'm a little worried about the chroma bug. I don't know if there's a benefit to getting the the Yamaha since I have a Yamaha HTR. Many on this board seem to be saying that the lower end Farouda/Burr Brown combo players are going the way of the Dodo so manufacturers can save money, so to buy one now. I need/want one by May/June when my basement will be finished.

So can anyone please tell me of these two, which to buy and why - or if there is another 5 DVD changer that is better. BTW: I'd like either DVD audio or SACD, but I'm video priority - so it's not critical. My budget is about $500 max. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.