AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,663 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/20901246


Neither, there are better options available. What's your total budget?

Agreed. Give us room dimensions, budget, and what you want to use the system for (music, movies, both) and let us help you find something your ears will actually enjoy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already have bose acoustimass 6 . The sound is great but the room is a little bit big (living room) with no doors. I also live in a flat ,so i didnt buy big speakers because of neighbours.Its already over my limits buying the bose ,and when an action takes part in a movie,the sound goes really high. My neighbour already told me twice to keep the volume low.I would really like to move my bose to a smaller room with a door so the sound sounds better.Got me guys ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,663 Posts
Not to be a downer, but with the Bose drivers being so small, you're going to have to push it to high volumes to hear them in a big room. If you got almost ANYTHING else, with a bit bigger drivers, you'd be able to not only hear more frequencies, but also be able to hear them a bit better at lower volumes. You can even try craigslist and get a pair of bookshelf speakers and put your Bose in your other smaller room like you said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkyl /forum/post/20901284


I already have bose acoustimass 6 . The sound is great but the room is a little bit big (living room) with no doors. I also live in a flat ,so i didnt buy big speakers because of neighbours.Its already over my limits buying the bose ,and when an action takes part in a movie,the sound goes really high. My neighbour already told me twice to keep the volume low.I would really like to move my bose to a smaller room with a door so the sound sounds better.Got me guys ?

Use the Audyssey dynamic volume option in your Onkyo receiver. That will keep the volume from blasting during action sequences. You can also set the mode to "Evening".


If you still have 30days for your Bose stuff, just return it. BTW in which country are you living. Since you say that you are in a "flat", you are probably not in USA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi /forum/post/20901963


Use the Audyssey dynamic volume option in your Onkyo receiver. That will keep the volume from blasting during action sequences. You can also set the mode to "Evening".


If you still have 30days for your Bose stuff, just return it. BTW in which country are you living. Since you say that you are in a "flat", you are probably not in USA.

Well , i cant return it as my father paid for the system. I live in malta. Its weird that i dont have the Audyssey dynamic volume option in my onkyo receiver nor the option to switch to ''Evening''.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkyl /forum/post/20903920


Well , i cant return it as my father paid for the system. I live in malta. Its weird that i dont have the Audyssey dynamic volume option in my onkyo receiver nor the option to switch to ''Evening''.

You had your father pay for your Bose system? You wasted a ton of his money!


Does your father have the bill/receipt. Is it within 30 days?


What is the model of the receiver? Perhaps the Onkyo receivers sold outside USA don't have Audyssey?


In this age of internet, I cant believe one would literally throw money in trash, without doing any research/reading on what is available.


Just curious, how much was that system (in US dollars) your father bought for you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,101 Posts
Yep. You dont spend a lot of money already on some Bose system and then come here and ask if they are any good. That question should have been asked before spending the money. The ACM6 is $700. May not be a lot of money for a 5.1 system but not a lot of value that money can buy when spent on any Bose system.


I hate Bose because of the way they prey on people who are less informed. I wonder if the people working at the marketing dept. at Bose have any conscience at all?


This is just like the mortgage crisis i.e how the banks lured people who really cant afford the big house into signing that big mortgage with an initial low rate. The people who were less informed are also to blame for not doing the research, but I would put more more blame on the businesses that exploit the ignorant and less informed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi /forum/post/0


Yep. You dont spend a lot of money already on some Bose system and then come here and ask if they are any good. That question should have been asked before spending the money. The ACM6 is $700. May not be a lot of money for a 5.1 system but not a lot of value that money can buy when spent on any Bose system.


I hate Bose because of the way they prey on people who are less informed. I wonder if the people working at the marketing dept. at Bose have any conscience at all?


This is just like the mortgage crisis i.e how the banks lured people who really cant afford the big house into signing that big mortgage with an initial low rate. The people who were less informed are also to blame for not doing the research, but I would put more more blame on the businesses that exploit the ignorant and less informed.

I agree. They take advantage. And they pay big businesses like Frys electronics and Best Buy to blab on and on about Bose awesome "technology". I had a guy at Best Buy try and tell me Klipsch (probably spelled wrong. Sorry) wasn't as good as Bose because Bose speakers have both Highs and lows while Klipsch has only lows. Really Best Buy guy?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,705 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top