AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am currently debating on upgrading or at least trying something different and am curious as to which of these would give the best ht experience. My room is rather small, around 10 x 12. These would be powered by a Denon avr-4308 and the subs will be duel mfw-15's. I would like input from you guys on the following speaker choices:

JTR triple 12's or 8's (LCR) single 8's for SR,SL

or

Paradigm Studio 100 v.5's (L/R) cc-690 (c) adp-390 (SR,SL)

or

Salk Songtower ?

or

Klipsch cornscala (LCR) surrounds?

Thanks in advanced for your help!

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
The Klipsch and JTR speakers would be ridiculously powerful for that room. That isn't to say they will sound bad, but you don't really need that kind of power. Personally I would give the Salk's a try, they ought to have a very refined sound yet still be able to hit you at reference levels in a room that small. Also, lots of dealers have Paradigm speakers out that you can hear, try to look around and see if you can demo some of those first.

·
Banned
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ
The Klipsch and JTR speakers would be ridiculously powerful for that room. That isn't to say they will sound bad, but you don't really need that kind of power. Personally I would give the Salk's a try, they ought to have a very refined sound yet still be able to hit you at reference levels in a room that small. Also, lots of dealers have Paradigm speakers out that you can hear, try to look around and see if you can demo some of those first.

My nearest paradigm dealer that has anything above the monitor 11's is 5 hours away!

Any other suggestons?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
2 15" subs in that room?

Studio 100's and c-690 in that room?

For that room, all you need are some bookshelf speakers and a single 12" sub.

BTW what is your budget. May be you dont have one if you are going for JTR triple 12's! Well go ahead and spend it. Good for the economy. You may also need some hearing aid for the rest of your life or perhaps this may be the last HT you will ever listen :)

·
Registered
376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance /forum/post/20800690

If this is pure home theater, JTR. If you'll be listening to music as well, Salk.

+1

If you go with JTR I would recommend the T8s over the T12s due to the size of your room.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Klipsch-like cornscala for me, but the room is small.

·
Registered
374 Posts
My knee-jerk answer to these questions concerning HT is always to go with the high sensitivity speakers; given the small size of your room though, I would say you are free to pick any type of speaker you like.

I bet the Salks would be great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts