AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im looking for small speakers for surrounds. My first choise it will be klipsch speakers

Rp140d
Rp240d
Rs 14
250s
Rs52II
A pair of quintet II (cheapest)

Or bookshelfs like r14m or rb41

Outside of klipsch the options are

Polk omw 3
Boston acoustics soundware xs
Cambridge audio minix 22 or 12
Dali fazon micro
Polk signature s10
Monitor Audio radius 45
Dali fazon sat
Paradigm cinema 200
Martin logan motion 2

Thats the only options that i have for buy. I dont know where to place it, because the couch its close to the back wall. So may be bipole or dipole like

Klipsch rs41, monitor bronze or polk a4 fx???

My current setup its marantz 5012, kef Q350 , klipsch rc62II and klipsch r10sw

The idea also its reach to 5.1.2, so the atmos where i can place it?

The room its 10x12ft

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
730 Posts
It's a matter of preference but I'd go with simple direct speakers in a small room to minimize reflections and muddiness and mount them in accordance with Dolby standards a foot or two max above ear level at 90 degrees to listening positions (because it doesn't look like you have any more than 90 degrees). Google "Dolby surround sound speaker positions".

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a matter of preference but I'd go with simple direct speakers in a small room to minimize reflections and muddiness and mount them in accordance with Dolby standards a foot or two max above ear level at 90 degrees to listening positions (because it doesn't look like you have any more than 90 degrees). Google "Dolby surround sound speaker positions".
The small one will go on the red spot like you said. And the green spot i guess its a better place for dipole/bipole facing the wall in front to the tv.
Before i sell the focal sib evo they were located on the red spot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts