AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to purchase a klipsch floor standing speaker for my home theater. I like the 8" drivers. I will use it for BlueRays, TV and Video Games, occasionally for music, but very rarely.

I see that these two speakers are both 8" woofers but the RP-208 are priced $275 more per speaker than the RF-82.. Any one heard both and could tell me if the difference is worth all that money?

Also, I'm looking at the Kef's Q900. Would any of these klipsch be better tan the Kef's q900?

I have a good Denon Reciever that will be connected to the speakers

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
If it's for movies and gaming, do you have the budget for a sub too? Already have a sub? You'll want one. Even those towers..hell even the RF-7's would like a sub paired with them for most people (especially for movies/gaming)

·
Registered
874 Posts
The new RP-280F's blow the old ones away.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of people who own the Reference II line telling you that they're just as good if not better, but the new ones are truly better in every way. Especially the treble and the appearance of them.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The new RP-280F's blow the old ones away.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of people who own the Reference II line telling you that they're just as good if not better, but the new ones are truly better in every way. Especially the treble and the appearance of them.
I've been waiting for an answer on this. As most of the people who have the 82ii's(myself included) haven't heard both.

Did you hear both Rp and Rfii on the same system? Is it worth the $550 or more price difference is I think everyone's true question.

I think in that(new 280) price range I would try and up my budget to get a pair of rf-7ii's

I couldn't justify selling my 82ii's and popping another few hundred unless they were equivalent to the rf-7ii, which I highly doubt.

·
Registered
12,853 Posts
I prefer the sound of KEF but have not heard Klipsch recently for long enough to compare in detail. I am curious about the bass response since both claim to be bass reflex but the Klipsch has a large rear port. The KEF uses an 8" mid driver and their usual coaxial tweeter instead of the horn in the Klipsch design. The sound is quite different, especially in the midrange up, so you would be best served by listening to both.

That said, the Klipsch is much more efficient, so in a HT system might be a better choice to handle the wide dynamic range without requiring as much power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts