AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im under $1100 budget and im not sure which Panasonic model is right for me.

The viewing distance is 12 feet and i found S14 50' screen for $1080 (Costco), 46' G10 $1066 (Amazon), 46' S1 $1099 (Amazon)

The reason why im buying plasma is because i watch a lot of HD movies and sport events.

from my research i know that G10 has THX but im not sure if it worth getting smaller screen instead of 50' for the THX feature and the better contrast ratio.

what do you guys recommend.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You should look at the specs on the S14 and see what you think. From what I can tell, it's some sort of hybrid between the U1 and S1. It has the specs of the U1, but includes the AR filter of the S1. It has no SD card slot, but it has the same electrical specs as the S1. This may be due to the fact that the Panasonic site is inaccurate.

My G10 is great, and if the S14 in fact has the same panel as the G10 and has the features that you want, you probably won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
I would definitely opt for the 46G10 over the 46S1. It's a better TV at a lower price. As far as the 46G10 and 50S1 goes you probably will notice a slightly better picture with the 46G10, but it will also be smaller. It's your choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts