·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Philips 42PF9630A

VIZIO P50HDM

samsung HP-R4252

panasonic TH-42PX50U

which one? i like the size of the vizio..but these others are prob alot better or?

i like the 10k contrast ratio..so thats why these are up there asside from the panny

so which would you buy and why?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow thats cheap

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I'd get the one that allows for grey scale calibration and doesnt have any auto-adjusting black levels based on screen brightness during a movie.

·
Registered
447 Posts
STi,

The Panny is the best looking one I have seen out of what you have listed. I would still recommend waiting a month before pulling the trigger since the 50" Plasmas will be dropping in price, especially with the 6th Gen Pio's hitting the market.

Take Care,

Richard

·
Registered
110 Posts
Take the samsung 4252 off your list. It's pathetic compared to the Panny 50U. If you like the look of the samsung consider the 4272.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice
Wait until the beginning of the month and get the Panasonic PX50u. They are suppose to go down to a MSRP of $1999.00.

any idea on the 50 inch?

·
Registered
447 Posts
SouthernLag,

The TH-42PX50U, is already selling for less then a Benjamin more then what you listed. I guess it is already about there. ;)

Take Care,

Richard

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernLag
From what I've read on this board, the 42PD is suppose to go down to 1999, not the PX. The 42PX is suppose to go down to 2499.
Anyone know if the price drop will include the 500U series? or the HD7UY commercial plasmas?

·
Vendor
31,448 Posts
I vote for the Panasonic TH-42PX50U. The runner up would be the Phillips or Samsung. All these units are about the same price might as well stick with the unit that gets the most recommendations.

·
Registered
751 Posts
We are in love with our Philips 9630A. Does everything we ever wanted and more. The automatic aspect choice is a real winner to. Doesnt make people look stubby and squat as you have seen often in other panels. The panel senses the black bars and fills the screen ala pioneer panorama or nec style.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice
Wait until the beginning of the month and get the Panasonic PX50u. They are suppose to go down to a MSRP of $1999.00.
Do you have a source on that? I'd be shocked if it were true.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.