AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to figure out which RPTV to buy for the past month or so. I have short listed the following three models which I believe are all comprable.

Hitachi 65SWX20B - $3500 @ Circuit City & Sears

Sony KP-65WV700 - $3424 @ Onecall & $3999 @ HiFi Buys

Mitsubishi WS65411 - $3300 @ HiFi Buys

I was also offered the Mits WS65869 for 3400 and the Mits Mits WS65909 for $3850, but these are last years models.

Can someone please help me make a decision as to which one to buy. Please include the Pros and Cons of the models I have listed. Also is having a firewire connection a must or just a nice to have? What are the MUST HAVE features and which features are NICE TO HAVE but not essential.

Has anyone had experience buying from onecall, are they reliable. Do they charge tax? What happens in case of a problem with the TV, do you have to pay to ship it back?

Thanks in advance to all for your help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the 65SWX20B. I picked it up from a local Circuity City for $3499 at the time. They included a $100 gift certificate as well as their 0% deal. Now they are selling it for $3249 (I'm in dallas) so I was able to get $297 back after their pricematch + 10% + tax refund.

The 65SWX20B is nice cept I've had a couple of "issues" with mine. My friend bought a 51UWX20B at the same time I got mine and he's not having the problems I did with it...so I am guessing mine's just a bad set that I will eventually need to get replaced by CC.

I had a convergence issue at first, and now I have a focus issue. The bottom left half of the screen isn't as focused as the rest of the screen.

Despite the focus issue (you kinda have to look for it), I get a lot of compliments on the set...and it does look pretty darn good. I have a Samsung T151 HDTV reciever and a Panasonic RP-82 DVD player that I feed it with.

http://house.napalm.net/status/2002-11-29/

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats great Thanh, glad you are happy with the Mits.

I have been leaning more towards the Sony KP-65WV700 and have managed to get the price down to $3600. But when I checked the price of it on Yahoo shopping, there are companies selling this set for $2965. Are these companies reliable. They have 5 STAR seller ratings on Yahoo shopping, I'm not sure how easy it is for merchants to get 5 Star ratings. The shipping charges from this companies is about $280, So it is still a big saving.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the Sony KP-65WV700, I would really like to know what people think about this model of Sony.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mr_jbloggs
Does anyone have any experience with the Sony KP-65WV700, I would really like to know what people think about this model of Sony.
well, i own one and love it:) I had a mits 65909 and i prefer the sony by a wide margin. i know the mits can look good if you have it pro. calibrated but the sony looks good out of the box.

mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.