AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I have a martin logan motion 12 speakers and looking to buy a good used amp. Currently I see two choices:

Bryston 4BST for about $1000(8 years warranty)

or

Krell KAV 500 3 channels for $925.

I have not heard either of them. I like warm classical music sound for ML speakers. I over heard 4BST sounding forward a bit on highs, is it that much? Can you experts give me some advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a nice problem to have. Both of those amps are very nice. Krell is the traditional match to Logan however you do not have traditional Electrostat logans. Krell get's my vote either way.

If you like warm classical music I would suggest investing the same cash into a decent tube amp. Unlike most logans yours happen to be rather efficiant and could run easily from some rich, warm, yummy tubes. For 2 channel listening tubes are very pleasing to the ear and a lot of fun to look at.

Tubes are making a comeback. Ebay has a ton of good used stuff. Do some research and have fun buying one.

Good luck.

Matt
www.home-technology-store.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.