AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is my first time i post here but being reading for a long time
I've got the chance to get either a carver Carver Tfm-42 or a rare Rockford fostgate RF2000 more or less for the same price but wondering which one would sound better
there is information and reviews for about the Carver but can't find much of the Rockford. I found page where a guy was selling two rockford fosgate rf2000 last year according to him the rockfords sounded better than his bryston 4bst
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649150740-rockford-fosgate-rf2000/ , but i find it hard to believe
so any help would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Rockford Fostgate is know for car audio .... heck I newer new they made any home/pro power amps. My guess is they did not make them very long. Looks like the Carver Tfm-42 was only made for a few years in the early 1990's ... but Carver made amps for a long time. If it was me I would go for the Carver.
I see a TFM 42 sold for about $360 (US) on ebay a while back. What are the asking for the amps you are looking at?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rockford Fostgate is know for car audio .... heck I newer new they made any home/pro power amps. My guess is they did not make them very long. Looks like the Carver Tfm-42 was only made for a few years in the early 1990's ... but Carver made amps for a long time. If it was me I would go for the Carver.
I see a TFM 42 sold for about $360 (US) on ebay a while back. What are the asking for the amps you are looking at?
hi for the rockford the guy who is selling it is asking $300 (us) and for the carver $280 they look in good conditions, but i really don't know about the sound quality as i've never heard any before

1 - 3 of 3 Posts