AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I need some help! I am going to buy a projector. I have narrowed it down to these five choices: x1,x2,PB6100,PB6200 and the PB7100.

I have spent hours reviewing threads of pros and cons of each projector and now find myself confused. As soon as I make a decision on the one I want, someone then writes they returned it for something else.

I need some straight shooter to tell me how it is and what to get with a open perspective.

This is what I'm using it for;inside and outside

We have a drive in movie night for the kids. Popcorn, candy all of the speakers outside. I then mount a 10' high matt finish screen on the center garage door. We get the show started right when it starts to get dark because the kids ages. So, I will be using this outside in the summer and in the winter will show it downstairs in the basement in complete darkness.

Willing to spend $1000-1500

Q: DLP or LCD- Which is the best technology- long lasting

Q: Which on to buy: X1, X2, PB6100, PB6200 or PB7100

· Registered
4,477 Posts
7100 is a business projector and is over priced. I would go with either of the other two benq's because their brightness will help with a 10 foot image.

Of the two only you can decide if the extra resolution is worth the $400 difference.

· Registered
1,975 Posts
The X2 is also a 2x. But the SP4805 is a 4x and should have higher lumens/brighter picture than an X1 or X2 (when properly calibrated for movies). And it fits in at the top end of your price range.

· Registered
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by apr16th
Hey guys

I need some help! I am going to buy a projector. I have narrowed it down to these five choices: x1,x2,PB6100,PB6200 and the PB7100.

...We have a drive in movie night for the kids. Popcorn, candy all of the speakers outside. I then mount a 10' high matt finish screen on the center garage door...

Willing to spend $1000-1500

Q: DLP or LCD- Which is the best technology- long lasting

Q: Which on to buy: X1, X2, PB6100, PB6200 or PB7100
10 feet high, yikes! If I were displaying an image that large I would want as much resolution I could afford...which according to your budget would be the 6200. I currently have an X1 and am planning on doing a similar setup this summer (but not quite as big). I could not imagine the image at this large of scale being very good (but, hey...they are just kids). I was recently asked what projector I would buy right now, and it would be the 6200 for home theater as well (the X1 was just ahead of its time, and under the right conditions can still be amazing).

DLP vs. LCD? Looks like you have already made up your mind with DLP (wise decision :) ). Since the 4805 has been thrown in for this price range, I have to throw in the Optoma H30 (similar specs). It was given a very favorable review at Projectorcentral.com...have fun (and don't forget to include the price of a bulb if it goes out and at how many hours).

· Registered
295 Posts
The Faroudja DCDi and the 4x wheel in the 4805 will non-suck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.