AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search the relevant brain dumps but they were huge and i didnt get a definitive answer.

I have a 50PX50U panasonic plasma and need a new dvd player. I am going to sit on the hd/bluray sidelines for now so im looking for an upconverting player. I heard that the macro blocking issue could be bad with a panny plasma. We watch a lot of Disney animated around here. Im torn between the 970hd and the 981 from oppo.

Does anyone have either of these players with a 50u plasma?

Is macroblocking a problem with this combo (50px50u and 980oppo)?

Is there another player i should consider?

Other thoughts/opinions?

Thanks

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hldr /forum/post/0

I tried to search the relevant brain dumps but they were huge and i didnt get a definitive answer.

I have a 50PX50U panasonic plasma and need a new dvd player. I am going to sit on the hd/bluray sidelines for now so im looking for an upconverting player. I heard that the macro blocking issue could be bad with a panny plasma. We watch a lot of Disney animated around here. Im torn between the 970hd and the 981 from oppo.

Does anyone have either of these players with a 50u plasma?

Is macroblocking a problem with this combo (50px50u and 980oppo)?

Is there another player i should consider?

Other thoughts/opinions?

Thanks

Macroblocking is often reported by plasma owners when using Faroudja-chip players like the 981 and 971. Some people can make it work, others not.

The 970 is less risk in this regard.

-Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.