AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The room is 20x12 with 9 foot ceilings and is fully open on one side. Because of WAF I have the option of either 1 SVS PB12-NSD or two smaller sealed 14" cubes with a Shiva-X powered both by a single EP2500. The price of two of the sealed Shiva-X with amp pretty much comes out at the same price as the PB12-NSD. As far as performance goes I am not looking for extreme SPL, I would just like good extension (20Hz or lower) at 80db. I didn't take into account a BFD in the price as it will be used no matter the sub choice. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
If you are just looking for extension to 20hz or slightly lower, the PB12 will give you that with much more than 80db. The twin sealed Shivas have the potential for deeper extension, but eq boost will be needed below 20hz to make the output down there useful. You would need a BFD with a low shelf type boost below 20hz.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike /forum/post/17015908

If you are just looking for extension to 20hz or slightly lower, the PB12 will give you that with much more than 80db. The twin sealed Shivas have the potential for deeper extension, but eq boost will be needed below 20hz to make the output down there useful. You would need a BFD with a low shelf type boost below 20hz.

Yeah I am going to get the BFD no matter what I end up going for but I am mostly worried about extension. I can easily place the 2 cubes in the room without much hassle right below the mains which are onwalls (Paradigm Cinema 220). The bigger SVS I only have room for it in a corner. I also checked out the ED A3-300 which is a little bit smaller than the PB12 and cheaper as well but does it really go down to 18Hz +-3db?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts