AVS Forum banner

Which Oscar Nominee for Best Picture Are You Rooting For?

• 12 Years a Slave

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • American Hustle

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Captain Phillips

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Dallas Buyers Club

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Gravity

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • Her

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nebraska

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Philomena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Wolf of Wall Street

Votes: 8 12.5%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Best Picture category has nothing to do with home-theater worthiness, but it's probably the most important one for most movie fans. So which nominee are you rooting for?

Be sure to vote in our other Oscar polls:

Which Oscar Nominee for Best Visual Effects is Most Home-Theater Worthy?

Which Oscar Nominee for Best Cinematography is Most Home-Theater Worthy?

Which Oscar Nominee for Best Sound Mixing is Most Home-Theater Worthy?

Like AVS Forum on Facebook

Follow AVS Forum on Twitter

+1 AVS Forum on Google+

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just watched Captian Phillips last week it was AWESOME! I can't vote because it's the only one I've seen so far. Just picked up Gravity in 3d so I'm hoping that's good as well.

What I can say is that out of all of the movies listed I've heard more and positive and more people talking about the Wolf on Wallstreet then any other movie in quiet some time!

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
I have seen non of them yet. But i watch a lot of movies and read lots of movie related stuff. I am not rooting for any of them. I will see Gravity, The Wolf of Wall Street and American Hustle soon..

12 Years a Slave won a Golden Globe and a Bafta Award so that one will probably win Best Picture. Cate Blanchett also won a Golden Globe and Bafta award (best leading actress) so she will also probably win..

I root for Pain & Gain, a job well done

.. best actor was Michael Bay at the Curved Samsung presentation (which got him 1.000.000 hits at Youtube
)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tqRyzTvNKE

·
Registered
64 Posts
Of the nominated films I have only seen four. American Hustle, Gravity, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Captain Phillips and I have to say that I really enjoyed all of them. If I had to pick one I would go with The Wolf of Wall Street. Extremely entertaining. American Hustle and Gravity would be tied for a close second. I'm still looking forward to seeing 12 Years a slave and Dallas buyers club until then I can't in good conscience cast a vote

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.