AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to find out which analog/NTSC stations in a given market carry the Gemstar / TV Guide EPG data?

My new [unnamed] DVD/HDD recorder's EPG won't sync up. I've read the posts here, I've scoured the net like mad, it ain't happenin'. I currently receive strictly OTA NTSC stations, and some of the channels don't come in so great. If I knew which station it was I could tweak the antenna to optimise that channel in the hopes that the VBI data could be decoded.

I know that it might be the local PBS station. I'm in Atlanta and hoping it's 30/WPBA and not 8/WGTV, because the latter is nearly pure snow for me (well inside the perimeter) ... or one of the commercial stations of course. Just trying to find out which one it is.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Chris,

I am up in Kennesaw and have bellsouth cable and also have not been able to get the guide to load (2 months since I bought my Toshiba XS34). I have looked at length and have not been able to determine which station carries the data. I have been meaning to call customer support, but haven't gotten to it yet.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'm under the impression that it is always a PBS station, and given that your VHF pbs was probably around before the UHF one, I suspect it's probably 8 for you.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Schneider
I'm under the impression that it is always a PBS station, and given that your VHF pbs was probably around before the UHF one, I suspect it's probably 8 for you.
This is probably not true. See the new thread that I started on the subject.

RG

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I replied in that thread.

I have emails out to a couple sources to try to figure this out. It's too bad that we have to resort to reverse engineering all this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.