AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE AN OLD RADIO SHACK ANTENNA UP ON THE ROOF AND NOT GETTING MUCH HD SIGNAL. I'M 25 MILES NW OF NYC. ANYONE KNOW WHICH ANTENNAS ARE THE BEST? THANKS AS ALWAYS!

·
Registered
497 Posts
The best UHF OTA antenna for HDTV is the Silver Sensor.

I only know of one online store in in North America that sells them:

www.nbtelectronics.com

PS: Don't type all your letters in CAPS http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------

***Stop DFAST, HDCP and Boycott JVC*** HTPC1: P-III 800Mhz EB, 256MB PC133 SDRAM, ASUS CUSL2 Mobo,Telemann HiPix HDTV PCI card, Geforce 2 GTS 32MB DDR, Creative DVD-RAM, Creative Soundblaster Platinum 5.1 Dolby Digital, IBM 45GB 7200rpm HD, SuperMicro 750 FullTower with 6 fans, Cable Modem, Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2040u (22")

[This message has been edited by Desertfox (edited 05-06-2001).]

·
Registered
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by joeyrm:
I HAVE AN OLD RADIO SHACK ANTENNA UP ON THE ROOF AND NOT GETTING MUCH HD SIGNAL. I'M 25 MILES NW OF NYC. ANYONE KNOW WHICH ANTENNAS ARE THE BEST? THANKS AS ALWAYS!
I don't know if it is the best but If you want to go indoors, head back to ratshack and pick up the double bow tie. It is like a set of birth control glasses for your ht setup but I get fantastic signal strength. I am about 30 miles from my tower and every thing from that tower is in the +90%. I just wish I could hide it somewhere it looks like a oven rack dressed up in a gold tux at a 70's disco, but it is only $15, I would of paid $20 if they had it in matte black. Trust me I was skeptical too, this was a last ditch effort to avoid dealing with installing an outdoors one.

Regards,

Brian

·
Registered
787 Posts
Im in Brooklyn, amidst a sh!tload of 5 story apts. I can see the sky If I stick my head out and look straight up! The only line of site I have is to the bodega across the street.

Double bow tie antenna from radio shack (Model 15-623) $15.99

With just the antenna, a big fat zero, nothin. On a whim I tried a...

Inline signal amp,also from the rat shack. (Model 15-1170) $24.95

(Look at the directions carefully, the first time I tried it I reversed the pump. Yes Im a moron.)

Results..

WNYE channel 24-1 high 70’s

WCBS channel 56-1 High 80’s

WNYW (fox)channel 44-1 High 70's

ABC and NBC when they broadcast high 70's

The above setup came from trial and error. The best part is, whatever doen't work you can return it for a full refund at the rat shack!

DO a search on both the item numbers at radioshack.com

Id linkify but they have some funky session code going.

Multipath, what multipath?

cofdm can suck my a$$.

K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.