AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bulkhead (soffit) between my projector and screen. I want to put the projector as high as possible.

Which is the correct drop distance to install the projector? Option 1, 2, or 3?:

(Image features exaggerated for effect)

I'm assuming with digital projectors it's option 1? (Because it's the entire lens that forms the image). Correct?

The projector in question will be a JVC RS45 or RS55.

Thanks!

Kal

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
Generally, the top of the lens because the lens is indented and the light scatters/spreads fairly immediately, but lens shift is going to move it a little, so it will depend on the angle as well as the distance from the lens to the bulkhead.

The way you figure this out is to use the formula below that I posted:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1375094/official-jvc-x30-rs45-owners-thread/3240#post_21863092

Just measure the distance from the bulkhead to the projector lens, and use that formula to calculate the inches instead of feet (you'll just make a small adjustment to it).

Then you will know about how far it needs to clear it.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured that the entire lens was used but thought I'd check anyway.

The formula makes a lot of sense. I ended up pulling a string and using a laser pointer to double check too. I need a 6" drop minimum for my given throw.

The mount's been ordered:

Chief RPMA281 (which includes the SLB281 plate to fit a RS45 or RS55)

Chief CMA101 "designer" ceiling plate

Chief CMS003 3" pipe (1.5" NPT)

All combined the drop's slightly more than 6".

Thanks for the help!

Kal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.