AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BG 1208 and a BD 808s, the 1208 has slight wear on the green and blue crts they are not noticeable on an all white screen. The 808s has bad wear on the green crt that is very noticeable even during a movie. I know the spec differences between the two but it would be cheaper to replace one crt verses two. If the 1208 is not pushed hard how long before the wear would show on the screen?

At this time I use a dvdo with my ht and both pj look about the same (accept for 4/3 wear on the 808) with a htpc at what resolution would the 1208 look better?

Any advice would be of great assistance,

thank you mike

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Properly set up and focused, you should be able to run 1440x960 thru either.

That's exactly x2 of the dvd native resolution (720x480) and is used by many around here with higher end CRT projectors.

As for refresh rate, since you're in NTSC land from the looks of it, try 47.952Hz or 71.928Hz. If you don't mind the flickering of 47.952Hz stick with it.

Kal

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Keep the 1208 and run it for 10 years then get something newer. If you can't see the 4:3 wear on an all white screen, then don't even worry about it. The wear will be so gradual on HT use, you won't ever notice it and you'll never have to replace the tubes. How much do you want for the BD, if you decide to sell it? Email me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.