AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a screen 50" or over and would like to know of the models out there over 50" which ones should I be looking at and why? Fuji, Pany, Hitachi and Sammy all have nice pictures and cost is not an issue, we just want a really great picture and the WOW factor when we watch it, which one would you buy?

·
Registered
130 Posts
this site seems to like panasonics

panny and pioneer seem to be the best...i think the philips looks good too

the 50px50u is currently $3200 online

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about the over 50"?

·
Registered
447 Posts
storminorm,

I would recommend checking out at your local BB or CC the:

Panny:

TH-50PX50U & TH-50PX500U

Pio:

PDP-5050HD

They are three of the best 50" Plasmas I have seen.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. Personally I am waiting to see the release of the 6th Gen Pio PDP-5060HD.

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you like the Pioneer 5050 you will love the Hitachi 55" 55HDT51. They are similar in cost, features and PQ but you get 20% more picture with the Hitachi. However I have to admit if you like great blacks you better stick with the Panasonic 50" plasmas. I ended up getting the 55HDT51 over the Panasonic because it has a good compromise of features, brightness, and PQ but if it is strictly PQ and you have a light controlled room, hands down the Panasonic is the best. Also the Pansonics are great value as they are heavily discounted on the net and you should be able to get one for around $1000 less than the Hitachi.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, I'm off to shop this Saturday but I'm hoping something 55 or 60 will come

out soon. I just like big pictures, my HT has a 110" screen but I'd go 120 if I could....I will definitely take a look at the Panasonics....thanks again. ATLANTA is full of great stores and sales, maybe I'll get lucky.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hitachi has the new 55" 55HDT52 plasma coming out in October with a list of $5900. It is supposed to have an improved video processor but there is no indication whether they have made changes the glass design to improve the contrast. Samsung is supposed to soon have out a 55" HP-R5572 with a 10,000:1 contrast but the list price is supposed to be around $8000 and from user reviews on the 50" HP-R5072/5052, people are saying that the Panasonic still has a better picture. You are probably talking about paying more than $10000 list if you want a plasma larger than 55".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.