2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking reviews on cnet but am unsure so i figured id ask some pros

i was debating between 3 tvs

50 Lg Pz950

51 samung 6500 series plasma

51 samsung 7000 series plasma

first question is LG or samsung?

second series will i see a noticible difference between the 6500 and 7000 to justifie the 200 price difference?

this will be a main room tv so it will be subjected to both bright and dark room.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Definitely the 7000 for what you are describing. Reasons why:

Better AR filter for when you have light in the room for improved blacks and all around better picture with ambient light. (over both other tvs you have listed)

Less chance of image retention over the LG

And well hell samsung gives you the best offerings for bundles.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok im gonna be tighter on money then i thought... i can afford the 6500 or the lg..... or the Panasonic TC-P50GT30 which do you think? this is my first real "mans tv" so i wanna make sure im getting the right one... ordering in a day some point next week sooo please help asap

·
Registered
448 Posts
If your looking at the gt30 minimal difference to the st30. Besides asthetics if your tight on money maybe that could help you get a little audio or a larger screen size... The 7000 is still an improvement on the gt30 in my opinion and idk what your budget is? There isn't much of a variation between the gt30 and the 7000 pricewise...

·
Registered
162 Posts
the diference in IQ betwwen GT30 and ST30 is not huge but is easy to see. my vote is if you want 3D GT30 if you dont go G30.

GT30 is a bit better (almost equal) than samsung plasma D8000 so you cant go wrong if you choose samsung or panasonic plasmas

3D on "small" screens like 46-50" is a bit mehhhh IMO.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do the panasonics still have the loss of black levels problems or was this resolved... and i hate to sound dumb but is there a staggering difference between the VT and GT series in 2d picture quality (i know the vt is kinda king atm) as i may know a dealer of panasonic tvs giving me more opitions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.