Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One of each

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but it didn't seem to fit anywhere else. I tried searching but didn't see anything. I'm always seeing Bl-ray is out selling HDDVD or vice versa and people are always seeming to quote info from other sources so I thought I would take a poll of AVS members to see what players they own.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I own both.

I started on HD DVD for the lower priced players, then made my way to Blu-ray simply for the BOGO and a couple must have titles.. I'm glad I did but HD DVD will always be my first love haha

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I think there are more and more people with more than one or even both formats. After yesterday, I have one Blu-ray and two HD DVD players. So, I selected the closest one -- "one of each."

·
Registered
521 Posts
I bought HD DVD first and followed it up with a PS3 via the big discount SonyStyle deal for the same reason saginawjuggalo did.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Toshiba A35 from November and Panny BD30 from late December.

·
Registered
518 Posts
There was no option for "Two of each."

Blu-Ray: BD-P1400 & PS3

HD DVD: HD-A2 & XBox 360 add-on

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have 2 of each too!

Blu-Ray: BD-10 & BD-30

HD DVD: HD-XA2 & HD-A35

·
Registered
479 Posts
Have an HD-A1 from a month or so after the HD DVD launch, and a Playstation 3 from launch week.

I leaned towards BD in the very beginning because of the better specs... then I actually used & owned both... and have leaned towards HD ever since.

Will likely buy a BD stand-alone once 2.0 players are available, and will likely pick up an HD-A35 soon as well. (Unless a really great dual-format player / dual-format HTPC solution becomes available.)

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
With the 360 and PS3. Sony keeps improving the PS3 to make me question why I would ever want anything other than the PS3 for Blu-ray.

Always wanted a better HDDVD player but haven't yet managed to get an XA1 on evil bay for $50 or less. Yet.

·
Premium Member
8,419 Posts
HD A1 since 9/06 once I can find a reasonable BR player I jump into one, and by reasonable I mean the right price, and the right features.

DJoel

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Oops, I picked "dual format", when I meant "format neutral". The closest option is "one of each" but since I own more than two players total, that one was not correct either. None of my players is a dual-format (in one box) machine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I picked up an HD-A35 this month, and I have to say I'm impressed. I had my doubts about either side but the price drops sealed the deal. I'll probably get a BD player when the new 2.0 profile models are released. I also require internal audio decoding so I don't have to buy a new A/V receiver. I have no complaints about my A35. Neither do my friends.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have an A2 from the $98 sale at Walmart.

I just picked up a PS3 2 weeks ago. Gamestop had a deal where you could trade in your old PS2 and get $50 off the PS3. My PS2 was sitting on the shelf packed up ready to go on eBay. I thought this was a good way to get a $350 PS3 rather than deal with eBay.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I own 4 Toshiba HD-DVD players.

They are the XA1,A2,A3,XA2.

XA2 was just added,waiting for it to come in as we speak.

Torn about going purple.

I'm RED through and through,but the kids do enjoy their Disney,so if player prices drop down to $250 or so,I may go Purple.

I can allways blame it on the kids

1 - 20 of 45 Posts