AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh right, where is that confirmed? Samsung said to me on Live Chat that it can. But I don't own the player so can't confirm it.


If it doesn't have two HDMI's does that mean it can't do HD Audio and 3D at the same time?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesU2002 /forum/post/19515915


Oh right, where is that confirmed? Samsung said to me on Live Chat that it can. But I don't own the player so can't confirm it.

If it doesn't have two HDMI's does that mean it can't do HD Audio and 3D at the same time?

Correct - that is the requirement. That allows you to split the signal when you have a 1.3 AVR if that is what you need.


ALL 3D BD players (except the PS3) will output HD Audio and 3D video over a single HDMI output.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart /forum/post/19515959


Correct - that is the requirement. That allows you to split the signal when you have a 1.3 AVR if that is what you need.


ALL 3D BD players (except the PS3) will output HD Audio and 3D video over a single HDMI output.

I'm confused.


So if I have a 1.4 AVR and a Samsung C5900, can I play a 3D Movie with a DTS-HD Master Audio with a single HDMI at the same time?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesU2002 /forum/post/19515974


I'm confused.


So if I have a 1.4 AVR and a Samsung C5900, can I play a 3D Movie with a DTS-HD Master Audio with a single HDMI at the same time?

Yes. If you have a 1.4 AVR, then you don't need the dual HDMI output feature. Only if you had a 1.3 AVR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. The C5900 comes free with an offer for a Samsung 55C8000.


Will connect the C5900 to an Onkyo 608. So I can watch a 3D Movie and get a HD Audio track at the same time?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
The question was: As the quesion says:

Which players can output HD Audio and 3D at the same time?>>>


If the question would've been "Which players have dual HDMI Outputs" then yes...but as far as I know, all present 3d players are capable of output audio and video simultaneously though HDMI 1.4...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughh /forum/post/19516102


The question was: As the quesion says:

Which players can output HD Audio and 3D at the same time?>>>


If the question would've been "Which players have dual HDMI Outputs" then yes...but as far as I know, all present 3d players are capable of output audio and video simultaneously though HDMI 1.4...

Well if that is the case - they all do except the PS3. So why ask?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
Lee,


The OP only had 10 posts. Easy to think he's asking a very basic question, so he got a very basic answer :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Are you guys sure about the hdmi 1.3 not delivering true audio and hdaudio??? There's no problem with my 1.3 setup.


I have 5900 hooked to 1.3 hdmi avr, it plays 3d and dts and true HD at the same time, in bitstream the avr info confirms the signal.. Hdmi 1.4 only adds Ethernet and audio return, you don't need another channel for truehd, not even 7.1 dts. Most cables don't designate 1.3 or 1.4. Just highspeed with or without Ethernet.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top