AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i am trying to buy polk speakers. Can anyone please tell me which one is better the RtiA5 or the TSi500. The price difference is not much. I heard the TSi500 and really liked it but I have heard the RTi series is better. Any suggestions would be appricated. moreover, can anyone else also direct how the home theater should be setup. Say I get a speaker of 110 rms front , then what should be my speaker rms for the rears and center should it be the same 110 rms or lower like 50 or 100 rms. Your suggestions are much appreciated

Thanks,

dvd

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Rti's are very nice but do require an amp or receiver that delivers alot of power since they are 4 ohm, where as the Tsi's are an 8 ohm speaker. Either way you will be wanting to add a decent sub for home theater. The power handling is not as important as the quality of power you feed them. You will want to voice match them as close as possible for best home theater results as well. Basic info but I hope that it helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't comment directly on the rti A5's but I have the A7's and I love them. By the way, they aren't 4 ohms, they are 8 ohms (look on polk audio's website), so you can run them with a receiver if you so choose. You could put much more power to them if you wanted to, but a receiver will work just fine. I've done it for quite some time now and love it.

·
Registered
29,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907picklist /forum/post/16985509

The Rti's are very nice but do require an amp or receiver that delivers alot of power since they are 4 ohm, where as the Tsi's are an 8 ohm speaker. Either way you will be wanting to add a decent sub for home theater. The power handling is not as important as the quality of power you feed them. You will want to voice match them as close as possible for best home theater results as well. Basic info but I hope that it helps.

I think you mean the more expensive LSi's are 4ohm, the RTi and RTiA are 8 ohm speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.