AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started with a pair of T15's for the front L and R. I got a great deal on a CS10 center, so I went for it. Now I'm thinking I'd like to upgrade the fronts a bit and use the T15s as rear surrounds. The problem is, the speaker that matches the center that I think would fit best is the TSI200, and that is impossible to find in black. I don't really want the TSI100 because I'm not sure how much of an upgrade that would be over the T15. And the TSI300s just look like they'd take up too much space. So I'm wondering if the monitor 45B's would be a good match to the CS10? And what's the difference between the monitor 45B and the monitor 40? Should I look at the RTI series? I'm obviously looking to keep it cheap.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,577 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Geoff. I saw the cherry TSI200's on Ebay, I've thought about grabbing them and painting them black. Everything else I have is black, so the cherry would just look bad. As long as the 40's or the 45's will match the CS10, then I'll probably just grab a pair of those, once I figure out the best price.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by upNdown  /t/1511851/which-polk-to-use-instea...monitor-40-or-45b-or-tsx-series#post_24209855

Thanks Geoff. I saw the cherry TSI200's on Ebay, I've thought about grabbing them and painting them black. Everything else I have is black, so the cherry would just look bad. As long as the 40's or the 45's will match the CS10, then I'll probably just grab a pair of those, once I figure out the best price.

There you go baby, it's all about the "deal"
That's how my entire set up is put together, by best and lowest price.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw that. I've read that the 45bs often go on sale for about that price. Is one speaker better than the other if the price is the same?

The 40's box is a bit deeper - is it otherwise better constructed?

On the other hand, the 45b has the tweeter on top, which would put it even with my center and at ear level - is that a big deal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts