AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a video processor. I need to stay under the $2000.00. I also have some specific requirements and I am not sure if they can be met for this price.

I have two display devices. I have a Toshiba 65H83 and a Dell 3200MP projector. I would like to output to the Toshiba at 1080i via DVI or Component. I need to output to the Dell 3200MP at 1024x768.

I have been reading about the Lumagen VisionPro and it seems like it would meet these requirements.

Can anyone confirm that the Lumagen will do this and, if so, are there any opinions on it's quality?

If there are any other video processors you would reccomend in that price range, I would be interested in hearing about them.

Thanks,

Shan

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Lumagen does a great job and should be able to handle either device. Lumagen doesn't handle DVI in or out only interlaced component in (as well as SVideo and Composite).

I don't think there are any devices in your price range that will drive both displays at the same time. The Lumagen Vision and Vision Pro only have one output connector. So you would need some sort of high quality, high bandwidth external switch box. But you can setup the Lumagen to store two output configurations using the configuration memory function. The Lumagen will save separate input configurations for each output setting. The remote also has pushbuttons to directly select 768p or 1080i, RGB or Component output.

An alternative would be to get two $1000 Lumagen Vision processors. One for each device and then use some other device to split the component inputs.

You might also look at the the Focus Enhancements CenterStage products. They have similar features to the Lumagen with added support for DVI in and progressive component in. The CS-1 and 2 have DVI out and HD-15 out, but I think only one can be active at a time. The CS-2 adds more flexibility, but it is more than your price limit.

I compared the $1000 Lumagen Vision and the $1000 CS-HD, and my experience was that the Vision has a substancially better picture quality and a superior scaler. I am very happy with my Vision.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input, Richard!

To clarify, I do not need both displays driven at the same time, just as long as I can configure my Pronto to switch the output to the correct monitor on as part of a macro. The CS-2 has both a DVI output which I could send to the TV and a VGA output that I could send to my projector (as well as a pass-through for my HTPC) so this might work for me. I also found it new on Ebay for $2200...I might be able to swing that.

Anyone else have input?

Shan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.