AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be used in a commercial application. The screens will be placed over bowling lanes in a bowling center. I am looking for the best bang for my buck. Hi Def will be used, but certainly not 1080p. Just looking to broadcast a nice image, nothing super spectacular over a 150" screen. Any thoughts on what will be my best bet?

I am looking for 2 to 4 projectors depending on price.

Thanks

·
Banned
98 Posts
Mitsubishi makes the WD2000U.

With a throw distance of 22' on a 1.8 gain screen it will give you 150" at 52fl.

Should do the job pretty well.

PM sent.

·
Registered
935 Posts
You need a light canon and the WD2000U should do the trick nicely. And like Matt said, you also need a high gain screen. There are some other choices though: The Acer PW730, BenQ SP830 & 831, and the Optoma EP1691, among others. The Optoma is by far the cheapest of the lot, but it also the least bright. And you need all the brightness you can get. The Mits is probably the highest quality, with the most features, and of course, it's also the most expensive.

Any of these projectors would probably work, the key will be to not skimp on the screen. If you bought the Optoma, it's possible you would actually spend more money on the screen than the projector.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts