Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew P:
but I believe this is a 4*3 projector. Does that make a huge difference?
Some people make getting a 16:9 panel is a must. I don't understand it. There are 4:3 projectors that outperform the 16:9 projectors even on 16:9 material.

·
Registered
29 Posts
jonmx has the right idea. In terms of digital projectors, your resolution is just in pixels. Compare a 640*480 in 16:9 mode vs 1024*768 in 4:3 mode. I'll let you do the math http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Of couse, in similar resolutions, the optical squeeze is prefered. Digital squeezing never looks good unless it's done on a HTPC IMHO (in which case I'm sure it's still not squeezing it pixel-wise. 1600x1200 squeezed isn't really losing DVD pixels).

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree. Go with a 4:3 screen. There is still waaay to much 4:3 stuff out there that just looks cool on a BIG screen (mine is 100")

I watch a lot of concerts ... most of which are 4:3, Battlebots, HBO Sunday nights, Speedvision !

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I have about $4,000 to spend on a projector, but im not sure which way to go. I was looking at the NEC LT150 which is around $2,500, but I believe this is a 4*3 projector. Does that make a huge difference? Also, which screens to mate with the projector?

I currently have a 73907 as my monitor with a Panasonic DVD-RP91. I would appreciate any suggestions. My room size is about 21*17. I do have a little ambient light from a slider, but some room darkening curtains will take care of this.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.