AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

i am currently looking for a projector to buy, btw i am newbie when dealing with projectors.
I started searching a week ago looking for the best projector that could suits me. My main use of the projector would be using it for my PS4 as well as watching some series and movies.

I narrowed my search into two projectors, these are:

1- Optoma GT1080 Full 3D 1080p 2800 Lumen DLP Gaming Projector (this is my first option).

2- BenQ W1070 1080P 3D Home Theater Projector.

what do you think of those two, and which one would be the best for me.

Hope to hear from you, thanks!

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
If you want short throw for gaming, then the BenQ 1080ST or 1085ST is the best model on the market right now.

If you can get by with the longer throw of the W1070, then that's even better.

The GT1080 does not look as good as either of the BenQ models.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Just because something is labeled a 'gaming projector' doesn't mean it'll be better than other projectors at gaming. These days, all of the technology options perform adequately for gaming in my opinion. I find the marketing material funny for the Optoma, "contrast ratio for faster target acquisition," I suppose in some sense that would help, but nice contrast isn't something unique to the projector since it's the cornerstone of all projectors image quality. The Optoma also has built in audio (which they call 'powerful'), you'd be far better off just buying a crappy home theater in a box. It also sounds like the inclusion of MHL won't be of any use to you. The only obvious benefit is the projector is extremely short throw and you can get a large screen from a short distance... but it also doesn't have an adjustable zoom, which can make setup somewhat difficult.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts