Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum but I've read quite a bit of the posts and here goes my first question:

I've narrowed my projector choices down to basically two....The Barco 800G and the Sony 1272Q. Which one of these would you all rather have and why? Which one is brighter and which one has the better picture?

Also can you tell me if the difference between the 800G and the 808 is dramatic or is the 800 very close in picture quality to the 808?

I want to keep my costs down low since this is a learning experience for me as well as an entertainment purchase...therefore my preference is to buy a used "line doubler" instead of rigging together a computer to run the whole thing, I'll eventually do that but for now it has to be the line doubler...my thoughts are I can sell the doubler for nearly what I'll pay used for it whenever I build the pc so any recommendations on a decent one used would be appreciated.

Do I need anything else besides the projector, the doubler and the screen to achieve a highly decent image, I'm not looking for perfection, perhaps equal to or better than an internal projection tv?

Thank you all very much for reading this and if applicable for responding!

Walt

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Walt

Get a I-DVDO line doubler, they work great. The Sony and Barco will be close in picture quality. I believe the Sony is a little more reliable. The 808 will be noticeably better in picture quality, alot more expensive though.

Have fun.

Deron

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Dont be penny-wise pund-foolish. I did the same thing (purchased an entry-level CRT then a better one later). If you have the money, that is great, however just save up and buy a great one and be done with it. What is your budget.

clopez

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
We love the CRT beasts here. You can find out tons of stuff about machine preferences by using the search functions.

I agree. Buy a better machine if your budget allows. CRTs are hassels re mounting and set up. Good good used machines are available. Something like an Electrohome 8500 would do you fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.