AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Complete noob here, upgrading from a 25" CRT to a 54"V10. I want to get a PS3 to use for Blu-ray, media hub, and Rock Band. I know nothing about PS3 other than what I've read here.

As I look at online retailers, I am confused about what the newest PS3s are. Is there any difference between the 80GB and the 160GB besides the hard drive? That is, are the consoles the same otherwise? Are these the newest? I noticed the 160GB is only $50 more than the 80GB (at one online seller) and includes one game. Is this a good deal? Do they both have the same number of USB ports?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Get the cheapest model because the only difference is the hard drive size. Then, just buy a laptop hard drive of your choice and upgrade it yourself.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
There is no difference other than the size of the HDD between the 2 models. Amazon is selling the Uncharted bundle for $449 right now but Best Buy has an 80GB bundle that includes Killzone 2 & MGS4 for $399.

They are both good deals but there are rumours that a price cut and/or major redesign is going to be announced in 2 weeks at GamesCom. I would wait until then before making a decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.